Skip to main content

Toxic - Review

 What an exhilarating experience it was !!! 3 hours and minutes of pure cinematic joy !!! There are so many nuances and layers to this movie, but I will try to capture my raw thoughts into this movie. However, let’s start with a few disclaimers.

Is this a 18+ movie? Yes - Sexual references, language, violence 
Is this an out and out YASH movie? - Without any iota of doubt !!!
Is this a movie with good production values? - Good no - Great - Absolutely Yes !!

Yash and Geethu Mohandas have literally unleashed a beast onto us. The movie is fast paced, with some quick cuts, quite a few central characters, loads of action i.e. WORLD CLASS action and moves across different timelines. 

Let’s start with the improvements. This is an audience view and I am not an overall expert on all aspects of movie making (though I do have a little expertise one of the points below). The audio could have been lot better. Some places I did feel silence could have worked much more magnificently than the sound. The movie could definitely benefit with a bit of tightening in the 2nd half. 

Let’s look at the positives. Nayanthara, Kiara Advani, Huma Qureshi absolutely rock in their roles. Nayanthara is class apart and really regales in her role. For me, this would be an hallmark movie for Kiara Advani. Rukmini Vasanth was pretty ok, but her character arc could have been a little better. Tara Sutaria - Integral to the story, but nothing major to write home about. 

And then there is YASH. The man, the phenom called YASH. He is absolutely style epitome, swag ka king and magnificent in his acting. Though one will draw parallels with KGF, after sometime RAYA stays with you. Until TICKET comes along. And then there is RAYA and TICKET Face-Off. 

The final reveal is absolutely MIND BOGGLING. It will definitely remind you of some classics. 

Coming to the movie: I find the movie deeply PHILOSOPHICAL. We are shaped by the circumstances of our life. Every single person entering our journey of life leaves a deep impact on us and take a piece of our SOUL when their stop comes. To say more would be to reveal, but this is the underlying theme of the movie.

Lastly, little did I expect that something I quote on a daily basis would be an integral part of movie. CHOICES have consequences or PRICE to pay.

Watch the movie. Make your own judgement.

P.S: Please don’t get influenced by the negative reviews around. Go with an open mind and experience the movie yourself. 

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE MOVIE !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

108 Divine Shiva Kshetras - Mummadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar

Wodeyar family in general have been instrumental in preserving a lot of age-old scriptures, puranas etc by commissioning Asthana Vidwan’s to translate them into Kannada. We are blessed to be savouring the vast ocean of our ancient knowledge thanks to these generous souls.  Mysore’s Maharaja H. H. Mummadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar was a scholar par excellence. He has authored many works, one of which is Sri TattvaNidhi . In the 5th Canto, there is a mention of 108 Shiva Kshetras along with the names of the presiding deities (as captured in Srimat Shivasarasangraha ).  Disclaimer : This list was published in the special edition of Bharatha Darshana (Feb 2026). This post is to translate the same into English so that it reaches wider audience. Full credit should go to the Bharatha Darshana team for bringing these nuggets to light.  1. Kaivalyashaila - Srikanta 2. Hemakedara -  Kedareshwara 3. Varanasi - Vishwanatha 4. Srishaila - Mallikarjuna 5. Prayaga - Nilakanta 6. Gaya -...

Book Review : Aparoksha - Sahana Vijaykumar

  Before the book review, I feel there is a strong overlap between the concept of the book - A journey and my own book reading journey. In the recent past, my reading was heavily tilted towards English books / translations and I used to read the originals only when I had to refer something I may have read earlier. This is perhaps my first Kannada book in last couple of years that I have read cover to cover. Starting with a doubt if I will be able to transcend this peak of reading such wonderfully written book to actually enjoying the journey and completing this today, it has been a journey worth remembering. When I was nearing the end of the book, I realised the theme of the book landed up being reflected in my own case. Aparoksha translates to direct inference rather than indirect or perceived knowledge or experiences. To summarise this book into a sentence - This is a philosophical journey of a human who embarks on a journey to discover herself. What is so special about this sel...

Temple Circuit - Divya Deshams, Padal Petra Sthalam - Kerala - Part 1

After Makara Sankranthi, in Kerala, a festive vibe erupts in the form of Purams or annual temple festivals. It is also interesting to note that this is not limited to the Hindu temples, but also quite a few churches that celebrate their Pirannal or birthdays. Driving through the side-roads is an experience to celebrate the vibrant decorations, the DJ powered music (this too exists), Chenda Melam & of course, panchavaadhyam.  This time of the year also happens to be the time of Bharani or Puram of Bhagwathis, one of which is close to my paternal ancestral home. When the date was decided to be January 26, I planned to make the most of the opportunity by travelling early and trying to discover and understand the antiquity of some of these kshetrams. As a new found self-motivated objective, I wish to travel and discover these Divya Deshams and Padal Petra Sthalams across the country or beyond. As part of this endeavour, I zeroed in a few kshetras that are relatively near-by to my a...